Thursday, October 14, 2004

milchik

I've had bad pop songs running through my head all day. This is due to the excessive amount of time I spend in a college dining hall and around my "charges". Back in the day I used to judge people by their music. Now I just judge them by their political views, or lack there of. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, do you?

I'm enjoying the weather and I thought about writing a poem about it, but I'm not feeling particularly inspired these days. My creative side has been ploughed over by SCIENCE. Have I perchance been blinded by science? What a funny song that is. I could spell out the metabolic pathways of atherosclerosis, or tell you all about the mechanism for lactose intolerance, but then you may never come again.

Speaking of lactose, how do you suppose humans first got the idea to drink animal milk? Doesn't that just sound like a bad bestiality joke waiting to happen? Is that how I spell that? And who's idea was it to curdle this milk and make cheese? This sounds like a research job for my librarian friend.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Consuming dairy does seem like an odd practice, doesn't it. And how was it discovered? What the first milk anyone drank cow's milk, or something else... the mouth-to-utter visual is a touch disturbing on that one.

Shalom..
Goodlovin'