Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Er zol vaksen vi a tsibeleh, mit dem kop in drerd!

If you can figure out what that means, I'll give you a prize.
Not that you couldn't google it and figure it out in .26 seconds. Possibly even .22 seconds.
Why am I still awake? Why am I still in school? Why is the sky blue? These are other questions that I welcome you to answer for me.
I miss being a carefree Coloradoan (Coloradian?) waitress. I miss the dimming lights at the beginning of the dinner shift and the sea of white on black on white table clothes and dinner jackets, ties, clear wine glasses w/invisible spots and two forks, one knife, napkins folded, salts peppers filled. On your marks, get set... Ready for my first victims of the evening, or as the management preferred, guests.
Yes, it was all so glamorous indeed.
No, I just miss the traveling.
Like the trip from Seattle east, and big skies in Montana where 85 is the slow lane right lane and you could die instantly if you hit a moose. Big sky, bigger road kill. And when we crossed the state line I realized Wyoming's sky was just as big.
So I'm not traveling anymore. So I'm still in school. I feel accomplished, almost. I'll have lots of degrees. I will help people, someday. I will have a 401K and high blood pressure and a Gap credit card and I'll forget to be enraged at the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it Coloradoan or Coloradian?

Anonymous said...

how are you not in the bottom of a canyon yet?