Monday, April 10, 2006

pesach is coming, pesach is coming

Hide the matzah!
Google tells me I can spell it matzah or matzoh or matzo or matza. That's too many options. I'd prefer just two thank you.
This weekend was fun. M and I went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum. I love the garden. I even like the dark and gloomy Jesus room. I need to remember to stop visiting it on such cloudy days. The lighting is so dim. Ms. Gardner instructed in her will that the museum remain mostly unchanged after her death in the 1920's, and I appreciate the concept. I just wish they could open the blinds a little so I can actually see the artwork, but then, what do I know about rare art preservation? I guess nothing.
That evening we enjoyed Tibetan food with several dietetic professionals in Slumerville and candle pin bowling, which is a lot more fun than I expected. I love that you get three turns instead of just two, and you get to press a button to reset the pins. It's so old school. Since there was no alcohol served at the alley, and M was craving PBR or a High Life, we all went to some bar that served ribs. Cute place. If I was forced to stay here, I'd move to Somerville.
Wednesday I saw Neko Case at the Roxy. Definitely the highlight of the week. Thursday night was D's birthday celebration at a local bar. I made a new friend from Tennessee who's mom likes to provoke barn owls.
With all the fun to be had, there's no time to work on my thesis. This is bad. This is due in three weeks. This will be my last post for a while.
Besos mojados a todos,
J

No comments: