Wednesday, September 03, 2008

No shtele

Sitting in the coffee shop, again. The one that plays the new Radiohead album all day long. I kind of love that.
Went on the 3rd job interview today, the one I really don't think I want, and it took 2 friggin hours, including the hour they had me wait, sitting in the waiting room next to a girl who's only response to my friendly question "are you hear to interview as well" was a curt and unsmiling, "yes". We then sat there in silence for another 30 minutes. Lovely personality, that one. It kind of made me feel guilty happy when I heard her say to the interviewer, during the portion of the interview where we had to sit in cubicles and answer case studies, that she didn't know what a SOAP note was. Ha! Amateur.
The job I really, really, really want is not calling. I don't think they want to give it to me. I say bah to them. Bah.
Tomorrow I'm going to the temp agency to whore myself out as an office worker. At least it'll keep me busy and out of trouble in the meantime. I hope the meantime doesn't take too long.
The temperature right now is a lovely 86, though according to weather.com and my sweat glands, it feels like a lovely 96. I'm in love with air conditioning, though I'm convinced that southern FL alone is responsible for all global warming.
Other than the unemployment, the heat, and the melting polar ice caps, life is good.

No comments: