I rang in the new year with a bad chardonnay and a tired boyfriend in first class seats on US Airways. How, you may ask yourself, can a couple of wicked poor college kids afford first class tickets? It seems the many years observing the persuasive nature of my father has rubbed off. They wanted to charge us $150 per seat, but when I reminded them that we spent the first 4 days of our stay in LA with no luggage (yes, we were among the thousands of unlucky bastards who got fucked over by the incompetent luggage handlers), they decided to upgrade us for free. They had also given us $300 earlier in the week to spend on clothes and whatnot while we awaited the arrival of our luggage. All in all, not a bad deal. There was a couple on the ride over with us who were on their way to go camping in Joshua Tree, so they were fucked and had to fly back home that night. Poor kids.
Besides the luggage ordeal, the trip was fun. Got to see Red and his bro, little Red a few times, and bum around some nice beach areas and eat some particularly delicious food. I love great food, and ate plenty of it this week, including In n' Out Burger! Oh the fresh french fries! Oh the protein wrapped burgers with no bun!
So we're back in Eastern time zone for 3 days before we fly out to see J in London. This will be my first trip across the pond, and so I'm obviously quite excited.
I hope y'all (all 3 of you who read this) are doing well! Happy 2005! Happy 5765! Yeah, I'm a few months late on that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment