Saturday, September 16, 2006

NY 'tude


Last weekend we stayed with M's parents in York, ME. We had stayed in the same house last fall. It's beautiful, right on the ocean, and the weather was perfect. We ate some lovely lobster dinners and all that cliche Maine stuff.
One evening we were at the bar at a very crowded restaurant waiting for our table. I was hungry and irritated. We were halfway through the hour wait when a small and balding man shoved me out of my place. M saw this and told me to stand my ground, so I slipped my foot back to where I was originally standing in an attempt to regain my spot. And of course the small and balding (S&B) man stepped on my flip flopped foot. It hurt and I said, rather sarcastically, "that was my foot, but that's cool".
S&B:"well why was your foot under my foot?
Me: "I don't know, maybe because I was standing here first"
S&B: "are you from New York?"
Seriously. And I turned all red, which sucked cause I really wanted to jab him back, but I just wasn't quick enough.
Fucker was also from NY, so said his wife next to him who looked like she was used to apologizing for him in public places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Evan Kessler said...

You should've cracked a bottle over his head. That's what I usually do.