Well folks, after 5 years in whitebread New England, I've finally snapped. Somehow I agreed to let M apply to the University of Miami and somehow I told him to say yes when they offered him a job. A really good job too. One that it would be insane
to pass up. One that may help us realize our middle class dreams, the ones that involve owning a bed that isn't a mattress on the floor and being able to get clothes dry cleaned. And there are a lot of jobs for me down there. There are a lot of jobs for me everywhere, which is a nice feeling.
So, yeah. Miami. I'm moving to Miami. Every time I say it I giggle as if someone's told me a corny joke. Growing up in NY, I watched the aging masses make their
pilgrimage to this training ground for death, and I always swore I would never move there. I guess it's true what they say, about how life is what happens when you're busy, um, trying not to move to Florida. Or something like that. I almost forgot to mention the previous poll, "What kind of summertime activity would you enjoy reading about on 'Oy'?" It was a tie between nude kayaking (a personal fav)
and spiked lemonade stand. Well folks, pretty soon I will be able to enjoy these and many other summertime activities all year long. Except for night hiking. There are no mountains in FL. Thanks for voting. Stay tuned for that post.
p.s. Watching Grey's Anatomy makes me feel unimportant in the medical world because according to them, I don't exist. It also makes me feel like monkeys could write better dialogue.
1 comment:
I LOVE U OY!!!!!!! WHY DON'T YOU WRITE MORE. IT MAKES ME ANGRY WHEN YOU DON'T WRITE. AND LONELY. PLEASE WRITE ME OY, PLEASE. YOU ILLUMINATE THE SADNESS OF MY LIFE.
Post a Comment