Monday, August 18, 2008

I would not could not in a boat

One more highlight from our trip down south.
Driving through Georgia we were listening to "The Big Show with John Boy and Billy in the Morning". The question of the morning was "what famous author was challenged to write a book using only 50 words"?
The first caller guessed Mark Twain. This was incorrect.
The second caller started chatting with the hosts, exchanging cordial greetings and whatnot. The host asked the caller what the last book he read was. The caller laughed, the hosts laughed, and then they all started joking about "literacy".
Then the second caller guessed Uncle Tom's Cabin.
The 2004 presidential election makes so much more sense to me now.

The correct answer was Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham".

So we made it to FL this weekend safe and sound. And despite the minor annoyances- the incompetent rental agents, the tropical storm/hurricane- we're doing pretty well.

I hope you are all well. I'll write again soon.
J

No comments: