1. American Airlines thought it was a good idea to include James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" in their easy music listening mix that's played while taxiing to and fro the terminal. (For those of you who aren't familiar with the song, the lyric "sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground" is rumored to be about a plane crash, though Wikipedia tells me otherwise. Either way, horrible f*cking choice)
2. While eating a salad at Au Bon Pain in the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport I noticed a cockroach trying to escape the middle of said salad. I brought it to the counter and calmly said to the worker "there is something moving in my salad". She looked at it, threw it away, and then told her manager to refund my money. Neither of them looked me in the eye or apologized.
3. While getting ready to take off from Dallas/Ft. Worth, we were stopped and sent back to the gate for being "overweight". The pilot kept apologizing and saying that this sort of thing is supposed to be figured out long before leaving the terminal. They took off some cargo and we took off 1.5 hours late.
4. I accidentally ate gluten. I was also having trouble sleeping thanks to the small bed and eerie coyote howling every night, so M's mom gave me some sleeping pills that knocked the shit out of me. I felt high most of the trip.
5. We went out to a Tujunga (read as: redneck) bar and saw dudes get into a bar fight, and their ladies joined in too. There was much profanity and shit knocked over. Five minutes later everyone was hugging. Best part was the owner came up to our table to apologize and explain what happened. Turns out these were regulars, and they were all friends. One of the dudes was mad cause he got "ruffied" by his friend. The owner laughed and said to me and M's sister, "watch out for your drinks".
6. I made a kick ass brisket and cheesecake for Christmas dinner and some tasty latkas for Christmas breakfast.
7. M's mom and I watched chick movies Christmas morning and I stayed in my pajamas all day long and ate cheesecake for lunch.
And back to FL. I worked on NYE and day, which wasn't too bad. We watched fireworks from our balcony for NYE. There were probably 15 different displays going on in a panoramic view around the city and our view was awesome! Happy new year.
(Never got ruffied in a bar)
1 comment:
Best. Trip. Ever.
Post a Comment