It's 57 degrees outside. I know this doesn't sound cold to most of you out there, but for someone who spent all last weekend lying semi-naked on a beach in 80 degree weather, this is friggin painful, so whatever. I wore a scarf.
Last weekend we sunned ourselves in Naples, FLA. It's a strip mall hell, but the beaches are lovely. And wherever there are strip malls, there are chain restaurants with lovely gluten-free menus. It was fun to stay in a hotel and watch TV. We still don't own one, and I don't say that to sound all self-righteous or anything. The only thing keeping me from buying a TV is the same thing that's keeping me from buying anything. Sallie Fucking Mae. I heard the Obama administration is working on a proposal that would forgive some student loan debt in exchange for some sort of community volunteerism. Not really sure what they have in mind, but I'm hopeful!
Things I would volunteer for to have my student loans forgiven:
1) Nutrition educator for death row inmates
2) Nanny
3) Sponge bath giver for the elderly
4) Wet nurse
5) Basically anything
No comments:
Post a Comment