Thursday, April 02, 2009

In pahked, and warm

I spent 30 minutes today explaining to a father why his 10 year old should not eat cheese puffs and canned soup all day everyday. I spend my days in awe over things like this.

I'm down on the MIA today. I can't stand the heat already. It's April. This is a bad sign. And so to fight this brewing hatred, I shall list all things that are lovely about living in the MIA:

1. I have discovered that all of my sweat glands are in working order.
2. I find my desire for ice water outweighs my painful sensitivity to ice water.
3. I'm really getting good at running red lights.
4. I'm almost comforted by the confused response I get from my neighbors when I say hello in the elevator.
5. The silverfish are getting bigger and therefore slower and easier to kill.
6. I can say "Lo siento, no hablo Espanol" so quickly, and with such a good accent that people have started asking me if I'm sure.

I just found a silverfish in the silverware drawer. That was funny.

(not a vegetable)

4 comments:

Adriene W. said...

see? you're making lemonade. but save some of those lemons; i like you a little bitter.

afroskully said...

are cheesy poofs ok for 6 weeks olds?

Pseudonym said...

totally. just stick it in the bottle.

Evan Kessler said...

what are silverfish and how can we introduce them to the NYC ecosystem?