Saturday, April 25, 2009

Zivug

Oooo-oooh, saaa-aaay caa-aaan yoooouuu seeeeeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeee-EEEEEEE-eeeee...
I think the addition of extra syllables to the Star Spangled Banner is one of my biggest pet peeves. In an attempt to not watch the Laker game M is obsessed with right now, I'm blogging. I hate basketball, though I find it pretty amusing when I hear the term "penetrating through the double team". Tee hee, they just said it again.

It's Saturday night. I did nothing productive today and I'm okay with that. Last night we went out with some of M's work folk. I have nothing terribly interesting to say about the evening. I think I'm just putting this in to convince myself that I do occasionally leave the house on the weekends. Last weekend I even left it a few times. One outing included a 15-mile bike ride to here. We're going to do it again tomorrow. I have to remember to put sunblock on my hands and feet this time. Doh!

And to further convince myself that I do more than sit around and watch TV on my computer (including my latest obsession of Buffy via Netflix), here is a list of some cool shit that I've done/seen/heard in the past few weeks:
1. Aforementioned bike ride.
2. Sat on the patio of a cute coffee shop under palm trees reading an awesome book and watching a lizard display his red throat. I totally think he was trying to mate with me. I was having a really good hair day.
3. Saw a woodpecker pecking the top of a street light. Even the animals are stupid in Miami.
4. Learned how to cook beans the old fashioned way (from dried) and now I have enough in the freezer to last through the apocalypse, or the next hurricane-induced black out.
5. Saw Flight of the Conchords do a live performance. They are pretty funny dudes.

6. One of M's students said "I'm in love with your mind". Awesome, right? Too bad it wasn't the same girl that wrote about the rapper.

Fin.

1 comment:

Adriene W. said...

1. its all life forms in miami that subscribe to stupidity. fight the power, j, please!
2. now you know, if you ever feel down, you're reptile-mateable
3. sunblock it ALLLLL. show me you know how!!