Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sea ku

Adult manatees (also known as "sea cows") are 10-12 feet long and weigh 1500-1800 pounds. They are gentle and slow-moving herbivores, and they are friggin' adorable. We were drying off on the beach when we saw two swim by in the shallow water. All the loud beach-goers got silent and pointed and gasped in unison. It was pretty awesome.

(In other news, M just taught me how to play chess this weekend and I just took his queen. Woo hoo.)

Riding down the bike trail on the way to and from the beach we saw about ten iguanas. They look like mini dinosaurs and walk like they're doing the butterfly stroke one arm at a time.

(Crap, I just lost my queen)

After sighting the largest iguana of the day (he was climbing up a palm tree), we snuck onto a private beach and swam a little more. Is snuck a real word? Perhaps we sneaked onto the private beach. Either way, we felt pretty bad ass.

(And my last rook just fell)

But even after using SPF 50 sunblock all day we still got too much sun. I think I'm switching to SPF 80 and long sleeves next weekend. And perhaps a camera so I can stop stealing my pictures off google images.
(moo)

No comments: