1. Is $9.99 for a bottle of Carlo Rossi really a good deal?
2. Who wants Febreeze in watermelon scent?
3. Who buys generic tampons?
4. Cafe Bustelo is on sale. $2.19 con tarjeta. Que bueno!
5. I need some new hobbies.
M's away grading AP exams in Daytona so I am eating junk food and staying up too late and watching anything my computer can show me (within reason). But now as I am writing this I'm listening to Pandora Radio. I love Pandora. Right now "Disarm" by the Smashing Pumpkins is playing on my Fleet Foxes station, and it's giving me weird high school flashbacks, like the time I was 15 and J, little M and I were taking a walk behind J's condo complex so we could smoke the resin from the green bowl my bro gave me.
And now "Babe I'm gonna leave you" by Led Zeppelin is playing and I'm remembering the first mixed tape M gave me when we started dating. Dork.
And now it's "Let Down" by Radiohead and I remember driving M's blue Ford pickup up Highway 101 from Pismo to San Luis Obispo after visiting his aunt and uncle. He was in a mood and put on "O.K. Computer" because he knew I hated Radiohead and I let it play and realized somewhere around the middle of the drive that I loved Radiohead. I didn't admit it though.
So I realize I've been out of the loop on a lot of recent cultural phenomenons because (pointing nose up in the air) I don't own a television. Please leave a comment with your favorite and recent pop culture train wreck so I can try to follow the happy hour conversations with my coworkers. And make sure it's not something I already know about from reading my friend EK's blog The Trendliest. Thanks.
(Remember me?)
4 comments:
Um...I buy generic tampons. Should I be embarassed about that?
I miss mix tapes, and I liked reading yours.
Sorry. I am a tampon snob. That, and someone told me when I was a teenager that generic tampon's strings break. I think that was the same person that told me yellow M&Ms would make my boobs grow. Probably not the most reliable source for information I'm starting to realize.
And who put me in that MOOD? MOOD'S don't come from the ether. They do have an origin. And Babe I'm gonna leave you rocks.
i buy generic tampons, too. so far, no sting incidents
Post a Comment