1. Dude sitting next to me on the flight slept the whole time until we landed, woke up, told me he was coming to NY to visit his nephew in the hospital, and then asked if maybe I'd have time to "get a drink" over the weekend. I didn't.
2. Spent lots of time with Z (aka tiny). Learned how to bottle feed (not too hard), wash bottles (hard), and make Z smile (easy). Also got to hang with R and M. They are awesome.
3. Saw 2 plain clothes cops chase a dude on a bike down the street in Brooklyn. I knew they were cops cause they yelled "stop, police". Dude turned the corner, fell off the bike, stood up, started running, and was still way ahead of the cops.
4. Manhattan fun with J, A, and W. They are also quite awesome. Had sushi (super tasty), saw Bruno (funny, but mostly disturbing), went to the Highland Ballroom (fun), and ate a gluten free wrap the size of my torso (see picture).
5. Ate homemade borscht in Brighton Beach (aka "Little Odessa"), and then walked down the boardwalk to see Yo La Tengo (sort of) and Wilco in Coney Island. Awesome show. Awesome borscht.
6. Rode a bike across Park Slope to an awesome bar. I felt totally badass. Had a great conversation with the bartender (something that never happens in Miami), and met J and A for a drink.
7. Ate German food with the infamous EK. Spatzle is a funny word.
8. Visited my favorite Long Islanders and sat in their tranquil garden.
9. Hung out with cousin A in Rockland. Saw my dad's band play in a park. Found Spook Rock Road and the haunted hill. Ate lots of ice cream.
10. Flew back with the Miami Sound Machine. I don't think they're called that anymore, but yes, I was surrounded by Gloria's band. In coach. Drummer next to me said he blames the economic crisis.
Awesome friggin' trip. How many times did I use the word awesome in this awesome post? 8.
do the conga")
1 comment:
Sassers says:
That is the biggest burrito/wrap thing I have ever seen. And I have seen a lot of burrito/wrap things in my day, missy.
Post a Comment