Sunday, October 04, 2009

Aynkoyfning and sqeegeeing

I spent yesterday shopping for dresses, again. All I want is a simple, cheap, short dress. This is apparently too much to ask for. So I'm in a department store dressing room trying on a very tight, very not me dress, and the assistant comes by to zip me up and yells to the other workers and customers "oye, look at this little mami!". It was awesome.

At the gas station later that day, some older dude watching me pump gas and clean my windows said "if full service ever comes back in style, you'll have no trouble getting a job". I wasn't sure how to take this. Was he saying 1) you're so thorough with that squeegee that even if you have no talents or skills, you would totally be employable as a petroleum transfer engineer/squeegee-er, or 2) yeah baby, I'd let you squeegee my ride any day? Hmmm, I wonder.

Today M and I went on a long bike ride to the beach. It was nice and breezy out and there were kite surfers. This looks like an crazy sport but I have a strange desire to try it, despite my lack of upper body strength and the fact that I've never even regular surfed before. I'll put this on my list of things to do before escaping FL. Other things on this list: escape FL.
(¡Oye, estoy volando!)

1 comment:

afroskully said...

ever hear the song "wind up working in a gas station" by zappa? check it, yo.