Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Antloyf FL

Dear Librarian S,

I am dedicating this blog to you, the only one of my lovely readers who comment on my posts. I'm glad you enjoyed M's ramblings. He was worried that he sounded crazy. I told him it was okay since he usually sounds that way. That did not appease him for some reason.

S, I am so glad you wrote on your blog again. It's not like I check it obsessively or anything. It's just that before I reprimanded you for not writing, I wanted to double check that you actually hadn't written, and that's when I saw you had written. Was that a run-on? I hope this means you will start writing regularly again.

So I guess it's pretty lazy of me, writing to you here instead of sending some snail mail. Can I claim I'm going green by saving the paper and envelope? Can I claim I've run out of stamps and have been too lazy to buy more? I shall claim both.

Things are pretty stagnant here in FL. Work is not so fun now that we're short staffed and I have to work 10 hour days with no overtime. My boss told me I had a dynamic personality yesterday. This was before she asked me to volunteer for a Saturday event. It was pretty transparent, but I had to agree that I was the only choice. One would think in a children's hospital I'd have coworkers who are good with children, but coworker A is grumpy and impatient, and coworker B borders on mute. I don't think she meant dynamic as much as she meant socially competent.

I can't wait to escape this wasteland.

How are you?


1 comment:

Librarian A Go-Go said...

Dear Dietician J,
I'm doing pretty well. I just wrote that one entry recently, and I have gotten 3 comments about it since. Maybe I should start writing in it more regularly to appease all my ardent fans. :)
It's ok that you are saving paper, going green, saving stamps, whatever non-snail-mail excuse you've got. In an effort of full disclosure, I'll admit that you actually wrote me last, so it's me that has been neglectful in the writing.
I think that grumpy co-workers are everywhere, and they suck.
You, however, do not.
Keep doing what you do.
Love,
Librarian S