As I sit here this morning eating kasha (buckwheat) porridge and feeling particularly (and culturally) Jewish on this, the final day of Hanukkah- a holiday for which I have not yet lit a candle in memory of the Macabes- I realize that (forgive me blogger for I have sinned) it has been 1 year 8 months and 13 days since my last post.
I suppose I could blame it on a mental block, but the truth is, I hadn't had any inspiration to write. I will blame Texas for that. I let the oppressive heat beat me into submission and I had just enough energy to work, walk the dog, watch TV, and complain about the weather.
And now? I'm in beautiful North Carolina where the air is clean and the weather is downright lovely. I've even been inspired to cook again and experiment with newly rediscovered ingredients, like kasha (buckwheat). Last night I baked almond coconut cookies from almonds that I blanched and ground into flour. It made me feel all pioneer woman-like, except for the food processor and the electric oven and the indoor pluming.
(I'm very grateful for indoor pluming)
I'm feeling a bit noncommittal, but I might start writing regularly again. Maybe. Perhaps. We'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment