Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Kholem

I was procrastinating last night and decided to decorate the last bare wall in my tiny room. I broke out the map of the US that B gave me all those years ago in NY. It's got lots of not-drawn-to-scale landmarks on it. The St. Louis Arch is as big as the Rockies. So I took some tiny, colored post-it notes and marked every place I've ever lived for more than 2 months. The final tally was 9. And now as I stare at it across the room and the little fluorescent yellow tabs flap in the breeze of my ceiling fan, I realize that I move like the jet stream. Well, not really considering I moved from East to West and then back and forth again. But I've done a great job at avoiding the south.

1- Rockland--> NYC
2- NYC--> SLO, CA
3- SLO, CA--> Seattle
4- Seattle--> NYC
5- NYC--> LA
6- LA-->NYC
7- NYC--> Boulder
8- Boulder--> St. Louis
9- St. Louis--> KCNP, CA
10- KCNP--> Boston
11- Boston--> Brookline

Now I'm just showing off. That last one doesn't count. I may as well add all those times I moved back home in the summers from college.
I'm such a dork. You may say I'm a dreamer.

No comments: