Monday, February 07, 2005


So long friend. We've had some good times together, you and me. I first met you in the East Village, NYC. I was newly 19. You were given to me by a fully decorated man with many holes in his face. The first time I tried to change you, you went away. I didn't find you again until California. It was in Venice Beach on a cloudy day. No one liked you at my restaurant job, and so I sent you away again. The third time I found you I was back in Venice Beach. Many years had passed and I was wondering if I was getting too old for you. But today I sent you away for good. It's kinda like that book "The Giving Tree", except there's no tree, and there's no little boy who turns into an old man, and there's no stump, or moral. I only hope I can manage to heal the deep scar you left behind. Goodbye friend.

No comments: