Thursday, July 21, 2005

Bobkes

I'm on a short break from mountain living and spending some time with M and his family in LA. While I'm not too fond of the city, I'm just happy to be clean and sleeping indoors for a stint. Oh, and there are three warm and fluffies here. Added bonus.
The mountain is treating me well. It's just as beautiful as I remember, though a whole lot hotter, which sucks, but at least I don't need to wear a hat to bed anymore. Chef J and I have started to train for our big climb in Yosemite at the end of August. Training includes after-dinner walks and night hikes that always seem like a good idea until I think I hear a bear and then want to jog the rest of the way home. I haven't seen any voracious beasts as of yet, but there is a ghost who locks and unlocks the gate to the road. It's pretty damn spooky up there.
I hope that my far-flung friends are all having lovely summers. I miss you. Write me a damn letter one of these days. I've received NO mail!
Besos,
Me

No comments: