Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oy, I Could Kvell not coming to a store near you

M gave me an early and awesome birthday present. "Oy" in hardcover book form! All posts 8/04-3/09 with some pictures. Here's the foreword:

What began as a whim, a toe into the ocean of electronic discourse, a method for procrastination on a lonely, summer night, quickly transformed into much more. Although the origin of Oy, I Could Kvell began under less than auspicious occasions, it quickly became a means of artistic communication for a wry correspondent only known as "pseudonym". Part dietary guide, sometime travel journal, occasional political rant, and more often than not, a public diary concerning the life and observations of [pseudonym], Kvell sought to blend the wonders of the ancient Yiddish language with the dry wit of its 21st century author. It has become a must-read for its small, but cultish audience. Now approaching its fifth year, Oy, I Could Kvell is for the first time found in book form. As a dedicated reader, I look forward to the next five years, curious to see where [pseudonym] will direct her wit and (occasional) wrath. With love...
-MG

Friggin' awesome!
(my book is cooler than this book)

5 comments:

Abby said...

Awww, he's a nice boy.

Adriene W. said...

that's one of the sweetest gifts ever.

Anonymous said...

almost as cool as lobstah

Evan Kessler said...

Nice! How many pages?

Anonymous said...

about 120, and it only took me 5 years.